- inspired by ancient hand made bobbins
- available in yellow brass or sterling silver
- about 3/8" wide and 1/4" deep
- hand dyed silk cord with brass toggle clasp or an antiqued sterling silver chain
- choose 16", 18", or pic Custom Length and leave at note at checkout with the measurement you'd like
This necklace was named after Potok Cave, a Paleolithic site in Slovenia that was occupied by humans about 35,000 years ago. One of the earliest known needles was found at this site!
The Unknown Hands Collection pays homage to ancient hand tools used in the textile production process, from spinning thread to weaving cloth to sewing. By drawing inspiration from these forms, I hope to contribute to the elevation and celebration of textile crafts which have historically been performed by anonymous women, and honor the centuries of labor and ingenuity of all the unknown hands whose work was vital to the advancement of civilization.
Please allow up to 3 weeks for production time (this does not included shipping time). See the Info Page for more on policies and shipping.