- inspired by prehistoric loom weights used to keep warp threads taught during weaving
- hand carved in wax before being cast in metal
- available in yellow brass or white brass
- 1.75" long pendant
- hand dyed silk cord or an antiqued sterling silver chain
- choose 18", 30", or Custom Length and leave a note at checkout with the length you'd like
These earrings were named after an archeological site in Russia where evidence of human occupation during the Upper Paleolithic has been found (40,000 to 32,000 years ago). Some of the oldest eyed needles ever discovered are from this site!
The Unknown Hands Collection pays homage to ancient hand tools used in the textile production process, from spinning thread to weaving cloth to sewing. By drawing inspiration from these forms, I hope to contribute to the elevation and celebration of textile crafts which have historically been performed by anonymous women, and honor the centuries of labor and ingenuity of all the unknown hands whose work was vital to the advancement of civilization.
Please allow up to 3 weeks for production time (this does not included shipping time). See the Info Page for more on policies and shipping.