Dinosaur Bone Signet Ring - Any Size - Gender Neutral
- genuine fossilized dinosaur bone of your choosing in a generous high dome cut
- row one has classic black, white and grey tones
- row two are lovely shades of pink to red
- row three has dark matrix with palest blue
- the signet style setting was hand carved in wax before being cast in solid sterling silver - a substantial and comfortable ring!
- available in any size you'd like including quarter sizes! Leave a note at checkout or reply to your order confirmation email with your size
- made to order - please allow 1-3 weeks production time
For more genuine fossil jewelry, visit the Archean Collection.
See the Info Page for more on policies and shipping.
Agatized dinosaur bones (aka gembones) are a rare type of fossil. To become agatized, first the original bone must be covered quickly in a material like ocean sediment or volcanic ash to prevent scavenging and keep oxygen out. In most cases, the bone is then permineralized - mineral rich ground water slowly seeps in and deposits some of those minerals in open cavities and tiny spaces in the cells. This is where the journey for most fossils ends. But when conditions are right, a second re-mineralization occurs and types of silica (jasper, agate, chalcedony, and my favorite kind of fossil - opal!) replace the first minerals, resulting in beautiful, shiny gembone!