Fossilis Bracelet - Fossilized Dinosaur Bone
- genuine fossilized dinosaur bone in classic red with a nice dark matrix and high polish - a gorgeous little specimen!
- hand fabricated sterling silver setting with a matte antiqued finish - just under .75" x .5"
- sterling silver cuff with oval link chain and a nice chunky lobster claw clasp - measures 7" - I can lengthen or shorten this as needed, leave a note at checkout or reply to your confirmation email if you'd like a different size
- looks lovely on it's own, but also works great for stacking with other bracelets
- one of a kind and ready to ship!
For more genuine fossil jewelry, visit the Archean Collection.
See the Info Page for more on policies and shipping.
Agatized dinosaur bones (aka gembones) are a rare type of fossil. To become agatized, first the original bone must be covered quickly in a material like ocean sediment or volcanic ash to prevent scavenging and keep oxygen out. In most cases, the bone is then permineralized - mineral rich ground water slowly seeps in and deposits some of those minerals in open cavities and tiny spaces in the cells. This is where the journey for most fossils ends. But when conditions are right, a second re-mineralization occurs and types of silica (jasper, agate, chalcedony, and my favorite kind of fossil - opal!) replace the first minerals, resulting in beautiful, colorful gembone!