- complete, three dimensional casts of a genuine kosmoceras ammonite fossils with incredible details, just look at those spiny tubercles!
- each earring measures about 1/2" x 3/8", and weighs 3.5/4 grams ( a quarter weighs about 5.5 grams)
- available in sterling silver or yellow brass, antiqued to highlight the details
- sterling silver posts and backs
- a spiky/nerdy twist on traditional hoop earrings!
For more cast fossil jewelry, visit the Curio Collection.
For genuine fossil jewelry, visit the Archean Collection.
Please allow 1-3 weeks production time. See the Info Page for more on policies and shipping.
Ammonites are an extinct species of predatory marine mollusk. They lived in the last chamber of their coiled shells, where their soft body would be anchored and their tentacles would hang out the end, picture a modern day nautilus. They went extinct the same time as the non avian dinosaurs, about 66 million years ago.