- genuine slice of petrified wood that has been naturally encased in chalcedony! I love the dramatic contrast of light and dark in this piece, the preserved wood grain patterns, and how the bark has been frozen in time as it began to pull away from the rest of the limb.
- hand fabricated sterling silver setting with a brushed, antiqued finish
- sterling silver rolo chain with a lobster claw clasp - measures 20" including the width of the pendant, leave a note at checkout if you'd like a different length
- the stone measures 1 3/4" wide x 1 3/8" tall
- a true treasure from the earth, this piece is one of a kind and ready to ship!
This specimen was found in Eden Valley Colorado and dates to the Eocene, about 50 million years ago.
To learn a little about how wood becomes petrified, check out my blog post.
For more genuine fossil and stone jewelry, visit the Archean Collection.
See the Info Page for more on policies and shipping.