- inspired by ancient hand made weaving shuttles used to draw lengths of thread across a loom
- available in yellow brass or white brass
- pendant measures 2" x 1/2"
- hangs from a hand dyed silk cord with brass toggle clasp or an antiqued sterling silver chain
- choose 18", 30" or pick custom length and leave a note at checkout with the measurement you'd like
This necklace was named after Bolkilde Bog, a site in Denmark where bog bodies have been discovered. Two bodies uncovered here were found with textiles dating back to 3400 BCE!
The Unknown Hands Collection pays homage to ancient hand tools used in the textile production process, from spinning thread to weaving cloth to sewing. By drawing inspiration from these forms, I hope to contribute to the elevation and celebration of textile crafts which have historically been performed by anonymous women, and honor the centuries of labor and ingenuity of all the unknown hands whose work was vital to the advancement of civilization.
Please allow up to 3 weeks for production time (this does not included shipping time). See the Info Page for more on policies and shipping.