Ripple Effect Necklace
- genuine orthoceras fossil in moody shades of black and gray
- the stone is 1 3/8" across
- hand fabricated sterling silver setting in a matte, oxidized finish
- generous oval link cable chain measuring 17" long, including a 1" extender
- one of a kind and ready to ship!
Orthoceras are an extinct marine predator that lived over 400 million years ago and could grow up to 14 feet long! It was a squid-like animal that lived in the end of a long, straight, cone shaped shell. As it grew larger, a new chamber on the shell would be made to live in and the smaller, interior chambers would be used to control buoyancy. This is a cross section of the shell.
For more genuine fossil jewelry, visit the Archean Collection.
See the Info Page for more on policies and shipping.