- genuine orthoceras fossil in shades of grey with dark black lines
- hand fabricated sterling silver setting with a matte, oxidized finish
- size 8.5 finger shaped band for comfort and to prevent spinning
- ring top measures 1 7/8" long by 1" wide
- one of a kind and ready to ship!
Orthoceras are an extinct marine predator that lived over 400 million years ago and could grow up to 14 feet long! It was a squid-like animal that lived in the end of a long, straight, cone shaped shell. As it grew larger, a new chamber on the shell would be made to live in and the smaller, interior chambers would be used to control buoyancy. In this ring, you are seeing a side view of the shell, so those lines are the walls that separated each chamber.
For more genuine fossil jewelry, visit the Archean Collection.
See the Info Page for more on policies and shipping.